Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Reborn

Reborn

By Lili

Buried beneath a blanket of discarded dreams,
Never seeing beyond limits and malevolent schemes,
My heart died valve by valve, and piece by piece,
Aching and longing for the grave’s relief.
My tortured, hemorrhaging soul was bound to envy’s stake,
By criticism hurled, laced with venomous hate.
Damage inflicted by the jagged edges of words
Used to diminish the divine Voice that I heard.
Turned away from my muse, engulfed by denial,
I drank from the well filled with their scornful bile.
Then, at once, shaken from my stupor of pity and defeat,
Arose the blaze of passion and desire to meet
The ones who strategized my descent into sorrow,
And eagerly awaited my destruction on the morrow.
Yet with my mighty sword, a pen in hand,
I felt the flow of creation, Logos in command.
No longer dying, my heart felt an ethereal surge,
The Power connection renewed my creative urge.
The blanket of broken dreams, shaken clean,
Vision restored to me, now free to dream.
No longer caught in the clutches of death,
Rising steadily upward to catch my breath.
Envy, now fallen, into the abyss,
Succumbs to pure evil; its plan amiss.
I’ve embraced divine truth, no more chained by their scorn,
The creative spirit within me is now reborn!

No comments:

Post a Comment